Saturday, April 2, 2011

Feeding troubles...

Anthony is doing pretty well overall today. I came by to visit him after work this morning for a couple of hours. I had really missed him and it was good to see him again. Then I went home to sleep and came back for the evening. Anthony started having issues with feeding yesterday. He didn't really have any interest in eating (which is not like him at all). This morning the nurse tried to feed him and he gaged on the nipple and started coughing a lot and got upset. He now has a feeding tube (NJ) in place through his nose and he is getting a small amount of breast milk through that. I really hope that speech can work with him next week and that he learns how to eat again.

Starting Monday, Tony and I have to learn how to do all of Anthony's trach care. I am somewhat familiar with it, but I sure I will learn a few things too. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Tonight Tony and I are having a date night. Sophia is spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa LaFata. I'll miss her, but will know that she will have a good time. We thing she is cutting her first tooth (so early!) because she has been super fussy, drooling a lot more, and chewing on her hands like it's going out of style. I can't picture her with teeth!

I'll keep the updates coming...thanks for all of the support from everybody, it is greatly appreciated!

Sophia is a happy little girl:

 My little man with his trach:

 Sophia and her giant Slurpee, her drink of choice:

 Anthony's new Giraffe...it makes soothing sounds and has a timer on it:

 Anthony with his presents that he got from a gift exchange that we were a part of:

 Sweet Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment